photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Easter Basket Cupcakes

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays after Christmas of course. My parents and grandparents always made it so special with a new Easter dress for church, Easter baskets, a delicious feast and of course a huge Easter egg hunt for all of the kiddos. 

My mom is a talented baker, {I get it from my mama} growing up she made each holiday fun for us way before Pinterest creativity was the norm. For Easter we made Easter basket cupcakes and I've kept up this fun tradition in my household as well. They are always a huge hit with kids and adults because they are just so fun and delicious. If you haven't tried making these yet, pin this post and make it a tradition with your family this year. 

Here's what you'll need...so simple!



Step one-Follow cake box instructions to make the cake batter
Step two-Fill cones up 1/2 way with cake batter
Step three-throw 'em in the oven {1. Excuse my well used oven but...#reallife 2. My mom always put a pan filled with a little water below the cones to keep them from burning. I've always done it so I'm not sure if it's necessary but with baking I always go with better safe than sorry} I baked these for about 20 mins and checked on the often, as with all cupcakes when the tops are golden brown and bounce back to the touch they are ready to go.
Step four-Decorate your heart out
Step five- Snap a picture and show off all of your "hard" work or fancy it up with a cake stand and display them on your dining room table.
Step six- Enjoy! So easy, right? What are some of your favorite Easter recipes or traditions? Don't forget to pin this and add it to your Easter menu this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...