photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Monday, September 29, 2014

momspirational mondays: Lauren Attaway

I'm so excited to introduce our next momspirational mondays contributor, Lauren Attaway. Lauren is my good friend and also my current hairstylist! She is not only a superstar with hair but she is an amazing friend, wife and mama! Lauren inspires me in so many ways but her soft spirit is what I find most inspiring.  In all situations she is calm and level headed which are qualities I strive for but don't always get quite right.  I'll let her takeover now and you all can see for yourself why I wanted to include her in this series. Enjoy!

P.S. Aren't these two stunning?!? Just wait until you scroll down and see their kiddos! 
 Photo Credit: Katie Lamb Photography https://www.facebook.com/katielambphotography



Hi! My name is Lauren, and I am delighted to be guest blogging for Mandy on this Momspirational Monday! Thanks for having me, Mandy!

            I am a 29 year old mom of two (more on them later!). I stay at home Sunday through Thursday with my kids, and I work part-time Friday and Saturday in a local upscale salon. I have been doing hair professionally for over seven years, and will celebrate six years at my current salon this fall!

            I love getting to spend the majority of the week with my littles, and love that I still get to enjoy doing something creative with people I have come to know as friends on the weekends. I regularly brag that I have the very best clients, only because it’s true!
            When I’m not at the salon, you can find me hanging out with my kids and husband, taking a million pictures with my not-so-professional iPhone, looking up recipes on Pinterest, roaming the aisles at Target, and singing at my church. Family is one of the greatest gifts I’ve been given, and I am lucky enough to live close to my parents, and my sister and her sweet family.
            Speaking of family, why don’t you meet mine? My husband, Kurt, and I have been married for 8 years. We first met when we were just four years old when our dad’s worked together at the church we attended. Kurt has been my forever crush! His family moved to Dallas when we were still kids, but we reconnected after graduating high school, then became friends again through long emails and nervous phone calls. We dated long distance for a year, and were married at 21! He is truly a gift. Kurt is genuine, always ready with a compliment & encouragement, and has been the very best Daddy to our kids. The. Very. Best!
            Now to my pride and joy... my babies!


            Canten Alan is our very first child, our son. He will be 4 this fall and can’t wait for his birthday. He is such a sweetheart, full of compassion. He loves super heroes, sports, his little buddies at church and pre-school, scrambled eggs, and chocolate milk! He has recently decided thats “girls and princesses are kinda gross”, but assures me that he still loves ME! What a relief! He absolutely loves to sing and to worship (and play air guitar! and play air drums!), and to pray. I am regularly in awe of his prayers... the overflow of his heart.

            Emersen Kate is our second-born and will be 2 in January. When Emersen was born she came out with the highest-pitched cry I had ever heard, and my exact thoughts were, “Here we go!”. That mentality has followed me as I’ve been raising her these last 20 months. She is an absolute joy and keeps me on my toes! Emersen loves her big brother (and everything he does!), saying “Hi!” to everyone we pass wherever we go, coloring (but only markers will do!), climbing everything, other babies, spaghetti, and fruit snacks! She has always been and excellent communicator and I am looking forward to continuing to watch her big personality grow as she grows.

            Family is definitely a huge priority for me, and I feel like the biggest building block for how we choose to parent is team work. Kurt and I from the start have given our best to being together in our approach. From diaper changes, baths, and bed time, to navigating discipline and emerging toddler opinions, neither of us expects the other to handle it all. I am so thankful I have, truly, a partner who I can share this amazing, but often challenging, journey with as we walk down this parenting road. At the end of a harder-than-usual day when I feel like I’ve given all that I’ve got and the countdown to bedtime is on, there is so much reassurance, for me as a mom, to know I have someone who loves my kids as much as I do, that’s going to walk through that door, have my back, and help me pick up the pieces I’m dropping.


There is so much I could leave here in a letter to these sweet kids of mine, but for now, I leave you, simply, with what’s on my heart.


Dear Canten and Emersen,

            I want you to know that it’s ok to not have it all together! There are going to be many seasons in your life where you’ll feel on top of the world, and you will be! Seasons will also come that are challenging, painful, and stretching.

           My desire for your lives is that you will grow to be confident in who God created and is calling you to be... That you can walk through this life with your eyes and hearts open, unintimidated to stand out in a crowd, allowing your light to shine. There are so many distractions and temptations to pull us every which way, and you will feel the tug. But as my dad always told me growing up, as I was walking out the door, “Remember who you are!”.

          I pray you can know who you are, that Daddy and I can help guide you in that discovery, so that as the seasons of life change, you will remember who you are and walk confidently through this life!
                                      

Love, 

Mommy
                                 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...