photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fancy things and friendship

Soo...as you can see my blog is looking all fancy! While in school I was lucky enough to meet Sarah.  A super sweet fellow sister in Christ and also super talented designer! 

Anywho, Sarah Grace Chastain rocked my world with my blog's new design!  I have gotten the opportunity to work with Sarah several times throughout the past couple years and she never ceases to impress me with her skills! Not too long ago she was one of the first people to know that Travis and I were expecting.  I contacted her about about designing a Christmas card to send out as our announcement.  I had combed through www.etsy.com (Hi, I'm Mandy, I'm addicted to etsy, it feels good to get that out there) and I couldn't find what I wanted.  Then I remembered seeing some of Sarah's work recently on Facebook.  I contacted her and told her what I wanted which included me sending her several pictures and some scattered brain ideas and here is the adorable card she came up with...


So cute, right?  Since then she's designed several things for me including, a wedding shower invite, bachelorette party invite, Amelia's birth announcement and our Christmas card for 2013.  




Check out Sarah's current designs in her etsy shop or contact her for your own personal design www.etsy.com/shop/gracefullymadedesign  In other exciting news about Sarah, her family recently grew by one sweet little girl named Emma. On top of being a new momma she has also started designing some adorable onesies! She has chosen Amelia to be a brand rep for her new business venture so I will be posting more about it very soon but for now here is the link where you can check out these must have onesies. www.etsy.com/shop/thelittlegooseshop 

While I'm bragging on one of my talented friends for her designs let me go ahead and brag on the photographer behind these images. Lacy Dagerath is simply amazing.  She is the sweetest and kindest person and on top of that is a beyond talented photographer. I met Lacy through another dear friend, shoutout Katie Pounds, and she has not only photographed our most special moments but has also become a great friend. I have been so blessed with great friendships and I am truly so grateful for each one of them. 
You can see more of Lacy's work on her website and I hope you have a lot of time because her images are mesmerizing!      www.morethananimage.com

I have always loved pictures and I love filing away the extra announcements,Christmas cards and invitations knowing that someday I'll get to show them to Amelia.  I've added them to her baby book and cherish the memories that they bring back to me each time I look at them.  I'm already planning this year's Christmas card and can't wait to see what the three of us come up with!

 I really hope you like the new look of the blog and if you do share it with your friends and family so they can follow along too. Now for a letter to my sweet girl. 

Amelia, 

I can't emphasize enough the importance of friendships in life. My dad, your "paw paw" was in the Army so we moved around a lot throughout my childhood.  I started new schools over and over again and had to leave the friends I loved and make new friends.  Looking back I have both positive and negative memories about growing up as a military brat.  Some of the positives were meeting new and different people as well as learning and experiencing the culture of each new city.  The biggest negative was not having lasting friendships.  To this day I envy people that have maintained life long friendships.  

Your dad and I hope to raise you in our little suburb of Houston for the foreseeable future.  We love this city and have felt at home here since moving here from Lubbock in 2010.  We don't have any immediate family in the area and that has made for some hurdles especially since you came along.  This is where friendship has really touched my heart lately.  Since moving to Houston I met one of the most special friends I've ever had, shoutout again Katie, and was able to reconnect with my dear friend Shana.  These sweet girls and their husbands are our first lifelines when we need anything and we know they would help us in anyway possible. Knowing this while going through pregnancy without my mom nearby means more than either of them will ever know.  (Thank you Katie and Shana, I know life and friendship is different now that our little girl has come along but your love and support still means the world to me and I cherish the time we do get to catch up and spend time together.)

Since your arrival I made one of the best mommy decisions I've ever made, I joined a local mommy and baby exercise group called Stroller Strides.  I have connected with so many local mommies and formed friendships that I know will last a lifetime.  I could spend hours talking about the blessings these friends have provided for me and our little family but I won't because I'm pretty sure I'm rambling. We can talk all about it after you read this someday. :) 

Okay, mommy is going to get back to the point.  Friends really are like family and they make life so much sweeter.  So work hard at forming friendships and at being a good friend. I promise that if you do these things you'll look back and be overwhelmed by the love you've received from your friends.  










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...