photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Monday, September 22, 2014

momspirational mondays

I'm so excited to announce that there is a new series coming up on Letters to Amelia.  From now on, Mondays will be "Momspirational Mondays."  In building on my last post, fancy things and friendship, I contacted a few of my mommy friends and asked them to act as guest bloggers for this inspirational new series. 

I'm really excited to see the results and read their posts. If I haven't contacted you yet, don't fret, I would love to feature each of you special ladies and will be contacting you soon! :) 

The basic format for, Momspirational Mondays, will go something like this:
1) Mom is going to brag on herself a little bit. 
2) Mom is going to brag on her family a little bit.
3) Mom is going to tell us a little bit about her mommy parenting style. 
4) Mom is going to write a letter to her little one(s) or get creative and write about whatever she's feeling at the moment.  

Like I said, I'm really excited! What are some mommy characteristics you find inspirational?  

As silly as it might seem, I was recently inspired by Teen Mom 2 star, Kailyn Lowry. I have a love/hate relationship with "trash TV" but on a recent episode I was really impressed with her.  In the particular episode, she was dealing with a fussy toddler and infant both crying in the car.  She took them inside and began breastfeeding the infant while calmly parenting the toddler.  The toddler continued to misbehave and she took him upstairs holding his hand and simultaneously continued to nurse the infant.  The cameras didn't follow them into the room upstairs but her microphone was still on and she continued to calmly discipline the toddler.  Impressive, right?  

I sat back and thought, "Wow, moms are so awesome."  If this had been one of my mommy friends I would have been totally impressed. But, I was even more impressed with Kailyn because of her history which includes physically assaulting her current husband as well as other violent and aggressive behavior. Am I alone in watching trashy TV? Travis hates it but I find the stories of people intriguing and shows like this tend to spark my interest. 

My advice for Amelia as I start this new series is simple.  


Amelia,

Never be too proud to learn from inspirational and successful people around you.  Observe how they do things and mimic or avoid their behaviors to become the best YOU that you can be. Ask for advice, ask for help, experiment and use the techniques that work for you. Once you've done this then share the information you have learned with others.  

The advice I am giving you is simple but learning from others can be difficult.  In life, you'll go through periods of time that you will think you know all there is to know (we have all been there) try to remember this advice most during that period.  The more you are able to learn and grow in life the more fulfilled your life will be. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...