photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas wishes for my daughter

December 1st?? Say it ain't so! Whether I'm ready or not we are here, it's the most wonderful time of the year and I actually believe that. In my opinion there is no better time of the year. I love it all from celebrating the birth of our Savior to every cheesy Christmas movie ever made. I hope to write several posts before the big day but before I get started on the light hearted and fun posts I wanted to write one that is a little more heartfelt. 

This is Amelia's second Christmas and the first one that she will be more aware of what's going on around her. She is catching on quickly already. All it took for her to learn the word Santa was one quick trip into Lowe's. She was immediately captivated by a giant inflatable Santa and each time we've caught a glimpse of him since then, she has stopped everything and said, "tan ta." ADORABLE! I'm curious to see how she will do this week when we visit our first Santa with my local moms group. I hope she's not scared of him but if she is I hope I get a great picture and that we can look back on it and laugh. With toddlers that is all you can do sometimes.

I will be sure to keep you all updated on "Santagate" but for now here are my Christmas wishes for our sweet girl.
Amelia, 
  1. I wish and pray that you will know Jesus and always celebrate his birth on Christmas. God sent his son to earth to die for our sins so that we may live freely in Him. 
  2. I wish that you will find the joy in giving to others. There are so many less fortunate than us and so many that need to experience God's love for them. I hope your father and I can teach you this by example throughout the whole year and not just during the holidays.
  3. I wish that you will enjoy your childhood Christmases to the fullest and when you get older I want you to help other children enjoy their Christmases as much as you did yours. 
  4. I wish for you to continue our family's Christmas traditions, new and old. Your father and I are always willing to try something new but as of this moment I would say these traditions include, attending a Christmas Eve candlelight church service, sending out Christmas cards visiting family, baking and decorating Christmas cookies, singing Christmas carols, adopting an Angel Tree family, playing card games, watching Christmas movies, cooking Christmas dinner and driving around to see Christmas lights. {New things on the agenda for this year include The Alvin Christmas Train and Santa's Wonderland}
  5. I wish for you to not stress out too much. This one is a hard one for me and I hope that I can be a better example in the coming years. In the end, your house will look beautiful with decorations from Goodwill or Crate & Barrel or none at all for that matter. Your children will look cute in last year's hand me downs or whatever you managed to order in time before pictures with Santa. Your time is best spent with your family and friends and not making homemade gifts for all of your co-workers or worrying about anything else for that matter. That being said, there is nothing wrong with wanting things a certain way but if that's the case, try your best to be prepared so as not to miss out on the moments that really matter. 
  6. I wish for you to always come home. {I might be tearing up as I write this.} Our immediate family is spread throughout the country and being together during the holidays is growing more and more difficult. I hope that isn't the case as you grow up. I'm not ashamed to say that I hope you'll explore but I hope you'll always come home. I can't wait to see your face this Christmas as well as all the Christmases to come. 



{Free Printable}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...