photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Sunday, November 23, 2014

weekend in review

Friday:
I finally gave up on thinking my sinus infection was no big deal after the third day of my terrible sinus migraine. I have no idea if that's really a thing but that's what I'm calling it. I went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon and started my second round of antibiotics. I woke up in pain Friday morning but still tried to make it into the office. I finally turned around when I realized how miserable I would be sitting at my desk all day. I did some work from home, napped for about an hour and then went and picked up Amelia. We went to target to kill some time before daddy made it home. Target trips are interesting these days. Some days she will sit the whole time and just get antsy toward the end and other days she channels Evel Knievel and causes others who have either been there and forgotten or not yet experienced the joy of toddlerhood to judgingly stare us down. Normally I'm pretty good at keeping her entertained with snacks and interaction but being sick I just wasn't on my game. Here she is leading the way with the cart and letting me know it was time to head to checkout. 

Saturday:
I woke up feeling a little bit better and we headed to the grocery store first thing to beat the Thanksgiving rush. We aren't traveling for any holidays this year because traveling for both last year with an infant wore us out! My parents live in Virginia and Travis' family is in Missouri, Colorado and California. Needless to say we are SPREAD out, literally from coast to coast. We are both looking forward to some down time and I'm especially ready to get the house decorated this year. It's been fun really experiencing the holidays with Amelia this year. Last year she was still way too little to have any idea about what was going on.  No worries, we won't be alone on turkey day, we are heading to a friend's house for all the traditional festivities of football watching, wine drinking, and face stuffing. I signed up to bring all of my husband's must haves, mine too really, but he is especially particular about his thanksgiving meal necessities. His must haves include, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and hawaiian rolls. Mine are stuffing and green bean casserole which someone had already signed up for so we're both covered. What are your family's favorite turkey day dishes? Amelia has been up and down with food lately but hopefully she'll be in a good mood and stuff her face with the rest of us. Here's our little turkey last year when the only thing she was stuffing her face with was mommy milk. 


Sunday:
I felt much better this morning but I still had periods throughout the day where I wanted to rip out my sinuses. Amelia and I both have appointments to see an allergist in December and I have high hopes that we can both find some relief from our allergy issues and avoid as many future sinus infections as possible. It was a beautiful day today so we took advantage of it because the past couple of weeks the weather has been pretty dreary. After watching our Texans lose...again, we headed to target to return some things and went ahead and bought Amelia this bounce house I've had my eye on since May. I know, I'm the world's slowest decision maker. She jumped in it at a friend's house for Cinco de Mayo and I've been considering it ever since. I'm not going to lie, our recent battle of keeping a toddler entertained definitely made the decision much easier. After bringing it home and setting it up I'm definitely glad we decided to go for it. She had so much fun jumping around and it made for a really fun afternoon. There's not much I wouldn't do to see this smile. 


What were y'all up to this weekend? Isn't it funny to think about what it was like to be sick before kiddos? "No rest for the weary"...truer words have never been spoken.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...