photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

30 goals for my 30th year

Today is my thirtieth birthday!  Just typing that is surreal.  Time hasn't flown by but for some reason I don't feel old enough to be turning thirty. Does that make sense? I am the baby of my family and part of me still feels like a kid trapped inside of an adult's body. Sometimes I wish I was back on my grandparents farm twirling an umbrella in my peacock swimsuit...

{Perfect timing for a little TBT-This is still one of my favorite pictures from my childhood}

I'm so looking forward to what this year will bring and I am excited to make more precious memories with my sweet family.  My twenties were everything they should have been and I am ready to make my thirties my best decade yet! 

{Ahhhh the 80's #memories}

To commemorate this milestone birthday, I decided to make a list of 30 things I'd like to accomplish this year.  I tend to be an overachiever, especially on paper, so I've broken the list up into 3 categories to help keep my feet on the ground. Ten daily goals, ten monthly goals and ten just for fun goals. Here we go!

10 Daily Goals
  1. Read the Bible
  2. Pray
  3. Improve communication with my husband
  4. Spend time with Amelia
  5. Stick to the family budget
  6. Exercise (more like 3 to 4 times a week but close enough to daily)
  7. Put down the phone
  8. Keep up with housework
  9. Make better choices with time
  10. Be more positive
10 Monthly Goals
  1. Date my husband
  2. Do projects and crafts with AB
  3. Spend time with just the girls
  4. Read a book
  5. Finish house project
  6. Improve blog
  7. Volunteer 
  8. Mommy and me dates with AB
  9. Do a random act of kindness
  10. Send friends and family mail
10 Just for Fun Goals
  1. Have a baby (maybe...lol) 
  2. Run a half marathon
  3. Visit a new place
  4. Learn to use a fancy camera
  5. Texas country concerts
  6. Complete a 30 day challenge
  7. Go to the beach
  8. Try crossfit
  9. Visit a local winery
  10. Throw a dinner party
What will you do in 2015? Thinking of 30 things was harder than I expected. Do you have a milestone birthday this year? If so, make your own list and check it off with me!

Amelia,

Today mommy turned thirty.  When you read this you will probably think that is really old. Eventually you will learn that it is actually quite young.  My advice for you about getting older is to age gracefully inside and out. Enjoy every season in life but most of all enjoy your childhood. You will spend the majority of your life as an adult with many responsibilities.  Revel in the time that you have few responsibilities except listening to your parents, doing well in school and having fun.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...