photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps20e80237.png
BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE
 photo goldstripe---LetterstoAmelia_zps5f5785ea.png

Monday, October 13, 2014

momspirational mondays: Erin Nelson

I am thrilled to introduce you all to today's guest poster! Erin and I met through a bible study group that she and her husband led for our church. At the time, I was about 12 weeks pregnant and two of the couples in the group, including Erin, were also expecting their first child(ren). When we discovered we were in a group with two other couples about to be first time parents as well, we were blown away.  God, as usual, is so awesome! On top of that awesomeness the fourth couple in the group were seasoned parents of three precious little girls! Needless to say, this bible study group was exactly what we needed and such a blessing.  

Erin and I clicked instantly and she is always there to offer advice and words of encouragement whenever I need it.  She is a great example of what it is to be a Godly wife, mother, daughter and friend. I hope that you find her story as interesting and inspiring as I do.  

My name is Erin Nelson and I am a 30-year-old mom of two (soon to be 3).  I am currently a SAHM.  I also work PRN on weekends as a dietitian at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in the Houston Medical Center and work from home as a Beachbody Coach.  {Find more info about her next challenge group here}  I love having the opportunity to stay at home with my boys and also continue to do what I love which is helping people with nutrition, fitness and healthy living!  To say I am busy is an understatement!

I spend most of my time each and every day hanging out with my boys!  We LOVE to go to the park, zoo, children’s museum, pool/splash pad, read books, have play dates with friends, participate in Bible studies, go shopping at Target, and attending church.  Family is extremely important to us and we love spending time together!

My husband (and best friend) Stephen and I have been married now for a little over 8 years!  We met at Texas A&M (whoop!) and I can say it was pretty much love at first sight!  We got married about 1 year after we first met. Some people say we rushed into things but I say when you know you just know.  Stephen is truly a gift!  He helps to balance me out.  He is definitely my better half and I don’t know what I would do without him!  He is also an amazing dad to our boys and I can’t wait to see him with our baby girl (who will be arriving very soon).  My love for him continues to grow each and every day.  We love watching A&M football, exercising together, watching TV/movies and attending church! 

{Double the newborn preciousness right here <3}

 Our children are such a blessing to us!  After struggling with infertility for about 5 years we were finally blessed with fraternal twin boys!  Being a twin myself, I was so excited when we found out we were having twins (truly twice the blessing) and an answer to our prayers.  Tristan and Tytan were born March 7, 2013.  I feel like the last 2 years have just flown by!  Soon after the boys were born we found out that Tristan had an extremely rare genetic disorder which was associated with several different medical problems.  After going back to work full time for about a month we decided it would be best for me to stay home with the boys to give them the time and attention they needed.  I have to say that I never pictured myself as a SAHM but it has been the best decision we could have ever made and I absolutely love it!  Its not easy staying home but I wouldn't change it for the world.  Being a mom to a special needs son has given me a different perspective on life and motherhood.  Getting to spend each and every day with my boys has been such a precious gift!  Well on to a little about each of our boys…..

First Tristan (our first born).  He is probably one of the happiest babies you have ever met (I know my boys are almost 2 but I still call them my babies).  He has a smile that can just melt your heart and light up a room!  He loves to be cuddled and held.  He definitely keeps me busy with all of his therapy and doctor’s visits each month (usually 15+ per month)!  


He works so hard and has come such a long way!  He recently learned how to sit up on his own and can get to just about anywhere he wants to go by rolling or scooting.  He loves to swing, take baths/splash in the water, play with blocks, listen to music, suck his thumb, and chew on just about anything! Here he is swinging away showing off his heart melting smile!


Next is Tytan.  He is such an awesome brother to Tristan and I can’t wait to see how helpful he will be when his little sister arrives!  He is full of life.  He is basically a mini-Stephen. It is crazy how much alike they are-in looks and personality.  


Tytan recently started MDO and loves going to school and learning new things.  He loves to say hi/wave to everyone we pass, dance, play at the park, be outside, climb on things, eat ice, help in the kitchen making “do-do” (basically anything that you have to make dough for –cookies, cake, muffins, etc), throw balls, make animal sounds, talk, read books, explore (definitely doesn’t like to be confined to a stroller anymore) and watch Mickey Mouse.  He keeps me on my toes!

{nom nom nom}

Soon after the boys turned 1 we found out that we were expecting again!  This time a sweet baby girl!  She is definitely our miracle baby and we can’t wait to meet her.  Taylor is due October 29, 2014.  I am extremely excited to meet her but a little anxious about having 3 children all under the age of 2!  We thank God each day for her!

On our parenting style….Both Stephen and I are very hands on with our boys. We love to be there playing beside them and giving them the love and attention that they each need.  Stephen and I rely a lot on teamwork when it comes to the boys. We would have not made it through the last 2 years without each others support along the way. We try to put God first in our family and use His guidance in making all decisions.


Dear Tristan, Tytan and Taylor,

First of all, I love you and will always love you because you are my children, not because of what you do.  It’s hard for me to put into words how much I LOVE YOU!  Being your mom has been one of the greatest gifts in my life! 

I am so proud to have each of you as my children.  My hope is that we will always stay close with one another.  I cherish each and every moment that we spend together.  I hope that you will follow the path the God has created you for! 

Love,

Mommy


She's impressive right?!?  She has taken every challenge of motherhood, expected and unexpected, in stride.  As an outsider looking in I am constantly impressed with her strength and courage.  I'm so excited to meet Taylor, she is going to be one lucky little girl with amazing parents and TWO big brothers to watch over and protect her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...